The Lakeshore Ethnic Diversity Alliance serves numerous individuals and organizations in West Michigan. We engage people of all ages with our programming and partnerships. LEDA’s grassroots efforts help give the citizens in our community a voice.
- Tailored workshops focused on diversity and inclusion. Geared toward both the for profit and nonprofit sectors, workshops are interactive and provide a safe and open environment for engagement.
- Inclusion and diversity consultation. We guide organizations through a comprehensive, research based assessment that identifies barriers and develops customized solutions to advance and sustain inclusion long term.
- Early childhood program geared toward parents, educators and childcare providers. Talking to Kids About Race is a workshop to help participants understand racial attitudes in childhood development and provides tools for creating change.
- Summit on Race and Inclusion is a day-long conference held each spring in West Michigan. Participants learn how racial biases affect communities economically and socially; understand how inclusion benefits everyone; learn tools to make a positive difference in our community; and join others to develop concrete plans for shaping a prosperous and inclusive future.
- Calling All Colors is a youth program offered through participating middle and high schools. The program offers a safe space to talk about race, and provides students with the tools for increasing positive racial impacts within their schools.
These are just a few of the organizations LEDA has worked with in recent years, representing a wide variety of sizes and industries.
- Allegan County Community Mental Health
- American Youth Foundation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Cascade Engineering
- Genesee County Land Bank Authority
- Glen Oaks Community College
- Holland Public Museum
- Hooker DeJong
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
- Meijer Inc.
- Michigan Nonprofit Association
- Ottawa Area Intermediate School District
- Ottawa County
- Salvation Army
- Spectrum Health
- Spring Lake Public Schools
- United Way of Battle Creek and Kalamazoo
- Western Michigan University
- Yanfeng Automotive Interiors